Well, that was unexpected, though Psychic Paul was slightly more foresightful than in 2015.
To recap my predictions were:
- Double-figure majority: Wrong.
- Gains in Scotland: Right (net gain of 12).
- Theresa May remains PM: Right (as of time of writing).
- Squeezed in Scotland: Wrong (net gain of 6 seats).
- Corbyn will fare better than Miliband: Right.
- Corbyn forced out in 2017/18: Unknown, but probably wrong.
- Gains limited to a handful of seats: Right (net gain of 4).
- Loss of seats: Right (net loss of 21).
- Vote collapse: Right (down 10.8 percentage points)
- Solitary MP: Right.
It’s a good job I didn’t place a bet on a Conservative majority though.